The following is our standard refund/cancellation policy. We may change this policy at anytime to better suit our customers and offerings. Last Updated: March 6, 2022
Why we suggest taking an Account Credit and charge a 3% fee for card refunds.
Stripe, the credit card payment processor, takes ~3% on each transaction. When we refund you your full amount, Stripe doesn’t give that 3% back to us to give to you. That means, for us to refund the full amount to your card, we have to add that 3% out of our pockets to make your refund whole. So we suggest an account credit whenever possible. If you’ve spent $195 then we put the full $195 as a credit on your Nerding account. That way you don’t wait 5-10 business days for your refund and we don’t lose an extra 3%. When you are ready to use the credit you’ll see a prompt when checking out to apply it to your checkout total! Super easy.
15+ Day Notice: Full Refund* to Your Card
- minus ~3% fee. (Ex: $6 per $195 class)
- if you cancel more than 14 days before class starts.
- if Nerding cancels a class for any reason (refund actual cost of class, no minus 3% fee).
- Consider Switching Classes – We can switch you to a different class or same class, different date or time. No fee.
- Consider Account Credit – this works best if you know you can’t make the class you signed up for but are unsure of which class you want instead. No fee. $195 class = $195 credit!
8-14 Day Notice: Full Refund as Account Credit
- if you cancel between a week and 2 weeks before class starts.
- Consider Switching Classes – We can switch you to a different class or same class, different date or time.
0-7 Day Notice: No Refund
- if you cancel within a week of your class start date.
- We are super understanding, let us know why you need to cancel so close to the start date. Maybe we can work with you on a solution. We will consider a class switch if there is room in another class.
HOW TO REQUEST A CANCELLATION:
To Request a refund or class switch contact us here. Please give us exact class details such as class title, location, date, and time
About Account Credits:
You can elect to take an account credit. We will cancel the class and add the amount to your Nerding account. Account credits are good for the lifetime of Nerding! You can always see your credit amount in your account. They are super easy to use! You just click apply on the last page of checkout!
About Switching Classes:
Just contact us with the classes you want to switch. If there is a price difference we will refund your card, credit your account, or charge you the difference.