Question? Question? Question? I should buy a boat!
My nerd is a too old/young for a class. Can I enroll them anyway?
Too young? If your nerd is too young for a class, as a general rule, no they can’t enroll. This gets dicey, especially for those youngest nerds. We drew a hard line that the Mini Nerds must turn 5 years old by 12/31/18. Also, we know from experience that the entering 1st graders have a tough time in the 2nd-3rd grade classes.
Too old? It’s probably fine. If you feel your nerd would be more succesful in a younger age group or has technically aged out, contact me.
Are there discounts?
I’m not sure if this is a dumb idea or a genius one… I know that coupons and discounts are a good marketing strategy, but it’s just doesn’t fit well with our values. I know what our costs are to keep amazing certified teachers and awesome tech tools in our classrooms and I absolutely will not increase a class price just to give out a discount. Instead, I’m just making the cost of the class as low as possible for you… always.
Another option for bringing down costs for you: Consider assisting with the class! Contact me!
I am truly interested on your feedback on our pricing.
Fun fact: Our classes have gotten longer AND come down in price since we first started!
Can I order shorter Extended Care hours?
Otherwise, order for the whole week for $80, or prorated amount for shorter weeks. You can drop off as early as 8:00 and pick up as late as 5:30. Unfortunately, you must order the whole week which includes both AM and PM care. There is not a reduced rate if you don’t use part of the time. It’s a logistical nightmare to cut extended care into smaller chunks.
Extended Care is only available for grades 2-7.
Also, visit the Extended Care page.
Can I volunteer?
If you aren’t a parent, you must be at least 15 and be comfortable working with kids!
My nerd is taking an AM and PM class. How does lunch work?
Please pack a ready to eat lunch. Nerds won’t have access to a fridge or microwave.
What are the cancellation policies?
- Full refunds for Enrichment classes (Nerding) are issued six days prior to the start of a class or camp.
- Refunds are not issued less six days prior to the first day of an Enrichment class (Nerding).
- If a student is suspended or expelled from any program or school, no refund is issued.
Summer Camps – Contact Niecy
- Full refunds minus $10 per class are issued if withdrawn more than 2 weeks before class starts.
- No refunds will be issued within 2 weeks of start date.
- In the event a class is cancelled due to low enrollment and an alternate choice is unavailable, full refunds are issued.
- If a student is suspended or expelled from any program no refund is issued.
What if my nerd has special needs?
Of course, we are not necessarily equipped to handle all situations. Nerds do need to be able to handle a classroom setting and work independently, please refer to our behavior guidelines. We are also open to a parent attending class with their child or other creative solutions. Contact me to discuss.
What should my Nerd bring to camp?
Each nerd will want:
- Water bottle
- Lunch if staying all day
- Maybe- light jacket if we crank down the AC…
Optional! Other things we can always use to replenish our stash:
- Junk/recyclables/clean, flat cardboard
- Paper towel tubes
- Old electronics that we can take apart
- Random craft supplies