We aren’t panicking, but our heads aren’t buried in the hand-sanitizer either.
Here’s what’s up…
We are keeping a close eye on the CDC guidelines for schools and childcare facilities, as well as AZDHS and Maricopa County Public Health. We will continue to monitor closely as we see how this will affect us in AZ and what response is appropriate as summer approaches. We will do what the science says and follow the recommendations of the experts.
- If it helps, here are national and local sources:
Here’s the plan…
The good news is that we are a comparatively small summer program, and even if we are jam packed, we would never have more than 100 kids plus staff on campus at a given time. That’s 5 classes of 20 kids across each campus.
Our plan is evolving, but possibilities are:
- Hand washing for everyone upon enter and exit of a classroom.
- Increased disinfecting of campus, especially heavily touched areas, i.e. door handles, computer keyboards.
- Strict guidelines for keeping sick kids home. We will try to work out a reschedule for your lil’ sickie or we will refund you.
- If needed, we will modify pickup and drop off procedures to reduce the number of people entering campus.
- If needed, we will cancel Friday Showcases and substitute with video to send to families to reduce exposure.
- Absolute worst case scenario: We would cancel classes on a week-by-week basis. This decision would be made in conjunction with local health officials.
Here’s our cancellation policy…
This is our current policy. If we make changes due to this health crisis, they would only become more lenient based on the needs of our families. It’s a weird time we are in and we will work with you!
- Just added to the policy: If you or your kiddo is sick, we will reschedule or refund at any time.
- You can withdraw your kiddo for ANY reason as long as you give at least 2 weeks notice before the class begins. A full refund will be issued, minus 3%.
- In the event that a class is cancelled by Nerding, full refunds will be issued.
- If a student is suspended or expelled from a class, no refund is issued.
Here’s what’s important…
- our staff
Keep calm and wash your hands,
Niecy & Micah