Nerding LLC will here on out be referred to as Nerding
I agree to allow my child to participate in Nerding’s classes and activities and affirm that my child’s participation is completely voluntary. I understand that there are risks inherent in the activities my child will engage in during Nerding classes which may cause minor injury (scratches, small cuts, bruises and sprains), major injury (eye injury or loss of sight, joint, bone, or back injuries, heart attacks, and concussions) or in an extreme case, even death. I also understand that, despite all safety precautions, Nerding cannot guarantee that my child will not be injured and I’m willing to assume these risks.
I understand that participation in Nerding classes involves a risk of injury due to certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Contact with other individuals working or playing
- Contact with the floor, walls, posts or equipment which are part of the classrooms and playing area;
- Strenuous exertions, quick movements, and changes of speed, which place stress on the cardiovascular, muscular, and skeletal systems
- Use of basic classroom tools and equipment such as scissors, tape, pencils, pens, and rulers.
- Testing of projects by children such as paper airplanes, rockets, swinging or banging of sound devices
- Use of class electronic devices such as, but not limited to, drones (provided and brought in by other children and adults), ozobots, VEX robots, computers and connected peripherals, makey-makey’s, batteries, lighting equipment, light bulbs.
- Demonstrations of chemical reactions such as dry ice bubbles, NEVER TOUCH THE DRY ICE WITH BARE HANDS.
- Tools only to be used by adults such as electric drills, hammers, screwdrivers, box cutters, cardboard cutters, styrofoam cutter, soldering irons, glue guns, in the classroom and on the premises. Children will be instructed NOT to touch or use these items at any time.
I understand that if I have questions about possible hazards, it is my responsibility to seek additional information from the Nerding staff prior to signing this form.
To minimize risk, I have instructed my child that the best way to make sure that he/she remains safe and avoids injury is to follow the rules, regulations and instructions given verbally and sometimes written by the Nerding staff.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE & AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE: In consideration for permitting my child to participate in Nerding’s Summer Classes, I voluntarily agree, for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, to the following:
TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OR LOSS, OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH that may be sustained by me/my child, or any loss or damage to property owned by me/my child, as a result of participating in, or traveling to or from Nerding.
TO RELEASE, WAIVE, HOLD HARMLESS, DISCHARGE, & AGREE NOT TO SUE Nerding, or its trustees, officers, employees, agents, students, and staff from any and all liability, claims, actions, demands, expenses, attorneys fees, breach of contract actions, breach of statutory duty, or other duty of care, warranty, strict liability actions, and causes of action whatsoever, that I might now have or may acquire in the future, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, my child(ren), or to any property belonging to me or my child(ren), while traveling to or from, or participating in Nerding’s Summer STEM Camp Classes.
Medical addendum: Due to ever increasing allergy issues we cannot guarantee all surfaces, grounds, and air will be allergen free. All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure known allergy needs will be met, such as Peanut allergies. Desert Sun and Nerding are a Nut Free campus. The only exception is There are Pecan trees on the premise.
By checking the “I have read the Parent Liability Agreement” checkbox on the Create My account form, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the terms outlined above.