Supplies for This Class
- Supplies recommended for the Color Science class
- Only the Scientific Journal and Crayons and will be used during the Zoom class.
- The other supplies are for your Color Scientist to use for their investigations after class.
- If you do not have the supplies your Color Scientist can watch and learn from others or do another experiment with the supplies you have at home.
Color Adventure Supplies
- Food Coloring
- Typing / Copy Paper
- Crayons (markers can also be used but they don’t allow for as much coloring mixing)
- Dish Soap
- Paper towels
- Vegetable, Olive or Canola Oil (¼ to 1 cup)
- Cotton swabs
- Whole Milk (about 1 cup)
- Heavy Cream (about 1 cup)
- Hair gel (optional)
- Corn Starch (optional)
- Sugar (Optional)
- Clear packing tape (other tapes will also work)
- 6 clear containers/cups that are approximately the same size (hold ½ – 1 cup of liquid)
- 3 – 5 Ziploc Sandwich or quart size bags (Clear bags that seal)
- CD’s (they will not be intentionally harmed or altered)
- A vase or tall transparent container (a transparent glass will also work)
It is recommended that you look at the experiment supply list before the Zoom meeting and compile the supplies your Color Scientist will need to do their investigation. Examples will be shown in class but your child will be encouraged to be flexible and do the experiment with the supplies you have in your home.
The only supplies that will be used in class are their Scientific Journal (which they will make and decorate) and their crayons.