ALL the projects in this class can be modified so they use the things you already have in your home. The items listed below are just examples of the types of things your child may want to use when completing the projects. We will not use all the items listed below. The list is merely a guide to help you start thinking about things your child may want to use when building. I will talk to the class about being resourceful, flexible and using what’s available. The tasks are very open ended so your Builder truly can use what you already have in home.
You may want to make a small box of General Supplies to be used each day:
- Design Notebook
- Crayons (for their journal)
- Markers (for their builds)
- Children’s Scissors
- Glue stick
- Tape!!!! (We like masking tape, but any type will work.)
- Ruler or measuring tape
Have a nearby trash can or box! Engineering can be messy!
Other Supplies Your Builder Might Want To Use
- Other items you builder might want to have available in their Building Area
- Recyclables (Basically anything and everything. Variety is great!)
- Cereal box type cardboard (easy for kids to cut)
- Some regular cardboard or cardboard boxes
- Paper! Lots! All kinds!
- A few paper plates, cups, or bowls
- Some stiff items: Craft sticks, paint stirrers, rulers, chopsticks, pencils, dowels, etc
- Craft supplies: pipe cleaners, yarn/string, fabric or felt scraps, googly eyes (just for fun), etc.