Grades: This class is best suited for entering 1st-3rd graders. *Mrs. Orozco is a fabulous K-1 teacher and a younger nerd could be successful, but would need support from a parent or older sibling in the class. Check with us. [email protected]
Teacher: Mrs. Orozco (K-1 teacher/napper)
Hold your horses! First things first. This class will have LIVE farm animal Zoom pop-ins and Q&A with a real farmer who is out standing in her field! I know what you’re thinking, “You’ve goat to be kidding!” But it’s the udder truth!
Online Class Format
- Your nerd will be participating in a virtual environment for the 50-minute teacher led portion of the class using Zoom. Nerds will share their clever ideas and projects with 4-7 other students and celebrate their successes together!
- They will then work independently for 1 additional hour building and testing their design.
- By enrolling in this class they will also unlock the day-by-day course materials below which will supplement their learning outside of the live Zoom session.
Are you interested in farm animals and want to know what life would be like to live on a farm? Have you ever wondered what the animals do all day? In this fun class we’ll learn all about chickens, pigs, cows, horses, goats and sheep and how they contribute to life on a farm!
This is a good fit for…
This is an awesome class for nerds who love animals and are interested in learning about their everyday lives on a farm. We’ll discover interesting facts about each animal, build our own animal models, and imagine and build a barn for them to shelter in!
What nerds learn:
We’ll learn by reviewing in-class demonstrations, conducting experiments, reading stories and creating related STEM projects. Your nerd will interact with kids with similar interests as they imagine and share their awesome designs.
Over the 5 days of this class nerds will discover and learn about amazing things like:
- The life cycle of a chick Pigs and their intellect–with a fun 3 Little Pigs project and pig maze
- How to milk a cow–along with a colorful demonstration
- The Billy Goats Gruff story and a bridge design build
- How a chicken egg’s shell is affected by liquids
Gain new nerd skills!
Imaginative nerds will enjoy this interactive class as they discover and create animal scenarios throughout the week. They will also make new friends as they support and cheer each other on!
**Pro Tip: Gather 4-6 of your nerd’s friends and we’ll set up a private class for your group of nerds!!! Class size min-max is 5-8 including your nerd. Contact us at [email protected]