Grades: This class is best suited for entering 4th-7th graders.
Teacher: Mr. Norman (has taught all the grades/Minecraft expert)
Teacher: Mrs. Rohrer (Nerding teacher/dresses up for Comicon)
Are you a curious nerd who enjoys spending time playing board games? With a lot of indoor time on our hands right now, this is an opportunity to discover how you can create games to play with your family and friends!
Online Class Format
- Your nerd will be participating in a virtual classroom for the 50-minute teacher led portion of the class using Zoom. Nerds will share their clever ideas and projects with 4-7 other students and celebrate their successes together!
- They will then work independently for 1 additional hour building and testing their design.
- By enrolling in this class they will also unlock the day-by-day course materials below which will supplement their learning outside of the live Zoom session.
This is a good fit for…
This is an awesome class for nerds who like to play board games and would like to imagine and invent their very own games. We’ll learn about game mechanics, innovate ideas and use everyday materials to create amazing new games of our own!
What nerds learn:
In addition to learning about game making and engineering processes your nerd will completely design and develop their own games. This includes everything from creating the board and game pieces to instructions on how to play, obstacles players may encounter, and how to win. (Of course with incredible games like these everybody wins!)
We’ll talk about imagining anything and everything for their creations and how to test, play and improve upon design and game play experience. In this class your nerd will also make new game-loving friends to play their awesome games with!
Over the 5 days of this class your little game designer will:
- Study games they already love
- Learn about elements and mechanics of board games
- Imagine and build a totally new game!
- Create an interactive board
- Make custom game pieces, cards, spinners or dice
- Test and improve their game
- Write creative/weird/silly/diabolical rules!
Gain new nerd skills!
Nerds will share their game ideas and clever inventions as we go, and we’ll discuss and play each other’s games to check them out!
**Pro Tip: Gather 4-6 of your nerd’s friends and we’ll set up a private class for your group of nerds!!! Class size min-max is 5-8 including your nerd. Contact us at [email protected]